Blogs home Where is the story about Rev. Charles Doudna?

Greyghost or not

Ok I had to do this. It is almost Halloween and we have a real epidemic on this paper with the blogs and comments about who is the real Ghost. Old or new.

Shoot even the editor has gotten involved and give his personal threats about the new Greyghost. (just shows how this paper is really run).

Who thinks that the new greyghost is a thief? or Who thinks that the old ghost is just a whiner?

So inquiring minds what to know.

October 26, 2009

Where is the story about Rev. Charles Doudna?

Comments

TheOnlyGreyghost 5 years, 1 month ago

Thank you, Kermit! I appreciate that, coming as it does from a long-time poster.

Notwhatyouthink, aren't you obsessing over this a bit? What's your stake? Do you typically take up for people who make a point of stealing from others, taking credit for others' efforts, or doing other unethical things?

I never asked to have any SpeakOut thread center on whether I have the right to protest having my online name hijacked--I neither want nor need the attention, much less your approval. If you wish to think me a whiner, roll with that.

Puzzlingly, both you and fakeghost seem to find me pretty fascinating. He dropped a (cough, cough) creative name of his own to hijack mine, thus acknowledging that mine was superior--and that he was actually creatively bankrupt. And now you seem unable to resist dwelling on the resulting mess.

A poll? Seriously, dude.

greyghost 5 years, 1 month ago

It's amazing kermit is partaking in this poll, seeing as how he stole his name from that little green muppet. What a hypocrite and faker!

Ahhh, the old worn out graybloat.....Give it up, seriously.

sawman 5 years, 1 month ago

Personally I think Jeff should contact Jonathan Kealing and disappear "greyghost". He shouldn't have been allowed to usurp the name in the first place and has violated the TOS. Jeff has admitted he is no web master and that explains the lack of administration to the blog, links that have never worked, etc. I do appreciate his laissez-faire approach but some things need attention.

jmyrick 5 years, 1 month ago

Oh, really, sawman? I'm glad to hear that. I'm also glad you've come back. Same with still_pool. That was really nice to see.

While I'm no Webmaster, I can make greyghost go away. Until recently, he has not done anything technically wrong, so no ban. However, in the last few weeks he's crossed the line of TOS enough that he's pushing banning. I haven't had to do that for years, but I can.

I've been curious to see how this blog goes. If enough folks vote him off the island, I'll consider that. As for problems with links, etc., that's out of my league.

greyghost 5 years, 1 month ago

FYI, none of my recent postings have been removed, so I don't know which comments you're talking about.

Also, FYI, this is America! Do not take away my freedom of speech. If there are any issues with my posts please be specific and to the point. Up until now, I had no idea I was walking on thin ice. I have not been warned until now. Never been removed from a discussion.

SpeaksSlowly has violated the TOS more in the last week than I have in the last two years.

If my demise comes at the stake of this online poll blog (plog?), your online community will suffer a greater loss of readership than you realize.

Remember who you are dealing with. I believe I am the top poster, just ahead of NanCrisp. One of your best patrons (oh, I also subscribe to the print edition!)

I know some people on here despise what I did, but I believe there are an equal part that either just don't care or who can appreciate my meaningless humor. I think it's funny anyway, and that's truly what matters.

I am interested in seeing everyone's opinion, well except sawman's, kermit's, Bloggerboo's, and TheOldGG's.

NanCrisp 5 years, 1 month ago

Dear Greyghost:

I'm not sure whether you are aiming your guns at me in the above post. And I do not subscribe to the Signal print edition. That is because I strongly protest the lack of real journalism that goes on in this city. On the other hand, I believe in free speech which, for my part, includes the freedom to call out slanted and biased reporting whenever I encounter it. And what better forum in which to do that than the local "news?" More people should take advantage of blogging to help facts find the light of day and various opinions be heard.

As for the greyghost "issue," anyone anywhere should be able to use any moniker they choose. Unless the "new" ghost decides to make blatant attempts to pose as the "old" ghost, I see no problems here. It really looks like a private spat between two individuals and it's really quite tiring. Let's move on.

greyghost 5 years, 1 month ago

Just trying to point out that you (Nan) and I have made the most posts on this site. (No guns drawn)

It would be a shame if I were banned, without warning, after all of the contributions I have made to this digital rag.

I envision the day where TheOnlyGreyghost and I can coexist in blogging harmony. She just needs to get over herself.

TheOnlyGreyghost 5 years, 1 month ago

Well, well, the Queen B (and I do not mean Apis mellifera) has spoken. Is there any subject upon which Nan Knowitall will not pronounce herself the final and utmost authority? None that has appeared so far on SpeakOut.

Surprisingly, perhaps, the real GG does not give a good rip what nanno thinks and concludes that nanno's ethical compass is as wack as fake's. Pull your well-browned nose out of fake's .....oven, nan--otherwise you might miss some heinous move the school board (or the newspaper, or city hall, etc., etc.) is making.

Wouldn't want you to miss the chance to b-- about something really important to the town's wellbeing. What would your enthralled followers do if you weren't right there to tell them what to think on the issues that count?

Fake can forget any harmony with decent people unless he learns to be honest and ethical. Don't see that happening any time soon. Too bad he was apparently raised by morally bankrupt barnyard animals--he never had a chance, poor thing.

greyghost 5 years, 1 month ago

Went crying to you best friend Jeffy-Boy, eh? I noticed my DNA comment has been "disappeared". It only took a week to get it yanked. What is your relationship with the editor anyway? You two must be fine bedfellows.

I've noticed over the years, your staunch support over the local weekly, and more pointedly it's management. Now I know why.

sawman 5 years, 1 month ago

said by fakeghost: "She just needs to get over herself" Well, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black! "I think it's funny anyway, and that's truly what matters." "Remember who you are dealing with." "and I have made the most posts on this site. " I think the term is 'post whore'. I would suggest he change his name to 'balloon-head boy'.

Nan, this wouldn't be an issue if the switch to blog/comments had been handled differently. The moniker had already been chosen long ago.

From the TOS: use inappropriate language (even when typographically obfuscated), or engage in ad hominem attacks on fellow commenters(guilty here, but that's the topic of the blog), people mentioned in stories, Agree to not impersonate anyone on this website; or if such user is deemed a problem to either the site or its other users.

Nan, I agree, the taunting and nose-thumbing from fakeghost is quite tiring. Let him come up with something original like '2banned4u'.

markdunn 5 years, 1 month ago

I think the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend.

Peabody 5 years, 1 month ago

I've heard that weather forecast as well. Should be a good weekend for working out in the yard, maybe raking a few leaves.

Tony

jmyrick 5 years, 1 month ago

Ah, mark, so good to see you back. Well done.

Peabody, you can rake all you want, but you'd better have a permit to burn, dude.

NanCrisp 5 years, 1 month ago

Greyghost:

Got an idea. Put a short disclaimer at the bottom of all of your posts: "The opinions expressed in this post are mine alone and do not reflect the views of TheOnlyGreyghost." Short, sweet, easy to cut and paste. That should satisfy the editor as well as the Wanna B (as in the lady-who-doth-protest-too-much-about-Queen-Bs).

NOTE: I'm not a Queen B in real life. I just play one in TheOnlyGreyghost's life.

TheOnlyGreyghost 5 years, 1 month ago

Good try--or it would be if you had the sense to use a posting name. Since you use your real one, your B-ness in real life is well documented in this town. Happy Halloween, sweetie!

NanCrisp 5 years, 1 month ago

Only:

There are, in fact, less than 20 peole in this town who can honestly say they know me well. And you, dearie, are definitely NOT one of them. So take a giant step back, B.

kermit 5 years, 1 month ago

h-a-r-p-y s-h-r-e-w p-i-o-u-s s-e-l-f- r-i-g-h-t-e-o-u-s

Nancy, plenty of us know you outside this forum to come to our own conclusions.

Word to the wise: A little h-u-m-i-l-i-t-y can be good for the soul.

Still_Pool 5 years, 1 month ago

I think we ought to string new Greyghost up! Anybody got any string?

Seriously, if he wants to rant let him. The forum tends to self-police in that if people don't respond to his jabs, perhaps he'll change his focus.

It's the oddballs and "colorful" that made the forum fun and spirited.

Remember Demo? Where'd she go?

I'd vote to let NGG stay, but I think he ought to select a new name that isn't so misleading.

SP

NanCrisp 5 years, 1 month ago

kermit:

I will reiterate that you do not know me well enough to judge me. I do not make a habit of judging people personally on this forum. On the other hand, I do not hesitate in commenting on professionalism or lack thereof. And I pull no punches when others have attempted to draw first blood.

I probably am not well-liked in your circle. There is a group of people in this town who like to have their way and roll over everyone else. I often thwart their efforts by pointing out inconvenient truths. If having the courage of my convictions and not taking any b.s. from people like you and Onlyghost makes me a Queen B, then so "B" it. Better a Queen B than a Wanna B.

Peabody 5 years, 1 month ago

Nancy,

Are we to understand that you are pleased to be able to claim that not even twenty people in Baldwin City know you well? Is this a source of pride for you, that your neighbors don't know you? Why would you celebrate that?

And FYI, when an amount is discrete rather than continuous, as in a number of people, it is proper to refer to a lesser amount as "fewer" rather than "less." I know you are aware of this grammatical rule, but perhaps proofreading is not one of your strengths.

Tony Brown

TheOnlyGreyghost 5 years, 1 month ago

What S_P, Kermit, and Tony say.

Also, what are "peole," Nan? Are those the legendary prairie Creoles? You think only 20 know you? You might be surprised.

Giant step back.... Giant step back.... Nope. Don't think that will happen, but I'm honored that the Queen B thinks I have achieved B-ness!

Everybody is invited to the ceremony at the fountain at midnight Saturday, when I will be (B)knighted by the benighted Queen B (a tap on each shoulder with her cruising broom). The ritual will be completed with a kindly outpouring of malediction and vilification, followed by refreshments for all. It promises to be a most amusing time.

To wrap things up, she will regale us with her comedy routine, a preview of which appears above.

" I do not make a habit of judging people personally on this forum."

Ahahahahahaha! Stop! Everybody's in stitches already.

Yes... A little h-u-m-i-l-i-t-y, as Kermit says, would go a long way. But it's hard to be humble when you know better than everybody else--about everything--eh, Nan?

S_P~ Maybe Demo finally found a worthy gentleman and moved to a more bucolic locale, where they are raising lambs and buttercups.

Still_Pool 5 years, 1 month ago

GG (the real) Do queen Bs collect nectar from buttercups?

SP

TheOnlyGreyghost 5 years, 1 month ago

SP~ Are you kidding? They're much too high and mighty. They have emasculated drones do that for them. Or so the local one would have us think, with her pugnacious posturing. (I'm certainly quaking in my Cavallis---bwahahahaha.) She's right about one thing--she's probably not well liked in Kermit's circle--if by "circle," she means the human race.

Hey, did you put aside some broccoli for Thanksgiving? I have a vegetarian friend who might be persuaded to give you her broccurkey (turkoli?) recipe. It tastes like s### but makes great compost.

SkyRat 5 years ago

Yeah!! Freedom of Speech! I weep for its abuse.

The more I hear of this and the fact that I know you people live in this town make me realize something.

How nice this place would be without you. All your bickering solves nothing. Go do something productive. Get a new hobby. Knitting is fun. Or Sky-diving.

dawgfoods 4 years, 11 months ago

We all know who the bestest poster of all times were on this watchyacallit. Him who retired at the top of his game, going out undefeated.