Blogs home The Official Baldwin City Rant Cafe

The Run-up to Tomorrow's Election - Discussion Thread

Tired of navigating to the bottom of these long election threads? Carry your conversation over here.

Have you voted yet? If so, what did you think of the advance voting process?

Are the candidates delivering their message to you? If so, how? -- yard signs, literature, phone calls, ads, other?

Is campaign politics coming of age in Baldwin City?

Share your thoughts, concerns, lies, and invective right here......

April 6, 2009

The Official Baldwin City Rant Cafe

Comments

oliphant 5 years, 8 months ago

OK, I'll gladly go first. I am truly wishing for a soul-crushing defeat for George McCrary and I believe reality will make my wish come true without any further effort on my part. Lest you worry that this posting would somehow hurt or offend George, he's probably already moved on to whatever has next picqued his AADD-addled mind. U.S. Senator in 2010 perhaps?

hellothere 5 years, 8 months ago

Oliphant, You and I are both supporting the same candidate in this election but please lay off the George bashing. You're making us all look bad and might be doing more harm than good.

oliphant 5 years, 8 months ago

I'm not actually supporting any candidate as I live outside the city limits; however, I could easily see the entire city collapse straight into hell if, by some Satanic miracle, George McCrary was elected.

oliphant 5 years, 8 months ago

This is a message directly from me to George McCrary, and my parting thought for this election....

George,

Are you tired yet of me constantly savaging you in this public forum? Well I hope your extreme act of dishonesty towards me and my wife three years ago was worth all of this. Your actions certainly cost my family dearly. I've been waiting for you to go down in flames and now I'll get to see it in the newspaper!

oliphant

cranky 5 years, 8 months ago

The only thing worth reading in that entire post was where you said it was your "parting thought".

moe 5 years, 8 months ago

oliph---you must have one h*ll of a story to tell ...will george know who you are even if we dont?

oliphant is just kidding. He doesn't even know George. Just a heads up there.

ghostofphyllis 5 years, 8 months ago

A small recap of this election

The cost of filing for the position of mayor.....$5.00.

The cost of free shakes given out in exchange for votes at the athletic club....$300.00

The cost of hundreds of signs for mayor...$1,500.00

The cost of a desperate last minute email to Baker students begging for a vote.....10 cents.

The look of utter shock on "Donkey George's" face when he realized he didnt con the majority of people in Baldwin to believe he was a great guy ....PRICELESS...

Peabody 5 years, 8 months ago

I had a shake on election day ... and it tasted really great! Here's to the Baldwin Athletic Club -- let's make Baldwin City the most fit town in Kansas!

Your candidate won the election, Ken. Can we give this diatribe a rest?

Tony

kermit 5 years, 8 months ago

Tony Just to clarify when you said "your candidate won the election, Ken. Can we give this diatribe a rest?"

I assume you are not speaking to Ken W. but to another "Ken" who has asserted himself in this election. Let's make sure we don't get these two mixed up. I know Ken Wagner had nothing to do with any of ghostofphyllis's nasty posts.
Tony please clarify so there is no misunderstanding here.

hellothere 5 years, 8 months ago

I agree, knowing Mr. Wagner fairly well, this doesn't sound like something he would say. Must be another Ken.

Peabody 5 years, 8 months ago

Yes, you are right, I am not referring to Ken Wagner, the mayor-elect. In fact, he is very upset about the postings that have been made about George McCrary -- they are contrary to his personal and political style.

I hope we have seen the last of this particular line of personal assault.

Sorry for the confusion.