Blogs home The Official Baldwin City Rant Cafe

What's got you good and steamed today in Baldwin City?

Something been bothering you that you just have to share with the rest of the town? Do it here.

December 27, 2007

The Official Baldwin City Rant Cafe

Comments

Wildcat94 6 years, 9 months ago

Anyone know when the downtown renovation is supposed to be done?

storyteller 6 years, 9 months ago

It certainly has to be the most haphazard approach to a project that I've seen. It looks like when my 8 year old takes a stab at cleaing his room.

Wildcat94 6 years, 9 months ago

I think it will look nice once it is all done, I was just wondering how long I will need to dodge contruction workers and equipment while I'm out walking my dogs. I guess as long as the construction isn't considered a "public event" threatening me with fines, jail time, and the soul of my first born I should be safe. :)

b8es 6 years, 9 months ago

The downtown project doesn't bother me that much, although I will admit that I only drive through there on occasion.

Bad drivers really have me steamed. Unnecessarily slow, no turn signals, too fast, too aggressive, not aggressive enough. Is it just the season or what? It seems like the number of idiotic drivers has increased exponentially since November. They're everywhere. Baldwin, Lawrence, and KC. I hope they all stay home for a while so I can get where I need to go.

loosecaboose 6 years, 9 months ago

New Years day, Oboy Oboy Oboy!!! No noon news, just meaningless football! Probably the same at 5, 6 and 10. Just like Sunday, late or no news, just sports, meaningless sports. Sports Sports Sports. All above High School level, fixed one way or another. NFL = National Fiduciary League. NCAA = National Athletic Coin Collectors. And etc!

Loosecaboose~ Thanks for a laugh! I couldn't agree more. It's a good day to pick up that book you've been trying to find time for, turn off the tube, surround yourself with comfort accessories (whatever floats your boat: cat, lapdog, chenille throw, fuzzy slippers, mug of steaming coffee/cocoa/tea, the box of Whitman's Samplers Aunt Nettie gave you for Christmas, etc), and have a pleasurable read. Or if you're the aquatic type, fill the tub with hot, aromatically enhanced water, have a nice glass of wine or cup of coffee at reach, and read 'til you're a raisin!