Blogs home The Baldwin Scum Bucket

Man, you hate it when these pesky PUBLIC records turn up right before an election

Lots of questions, but of course no answers. Only apologists for more of Georgie's bad business behavior. Lookie here. From the Johnson County public court records system online (www.jococourts.org) - do a Civil case, partial name search for McCrary and choose case 03LA01581 from the results.

The judgement against McCrary at 916 Baker, Baldwin City KS was for the amount of $10,792.49, which was paid under court order by the defendent (that would be George) on May 20, 2003.

Please George. Tell us what all this nonsense is that keeps coming up.

Here's the detail if you don't want to do the search:

06/16/2008 FILE STAMP 6/16/2008, ENTIRE FILE SCANNED THIS DATE; COURT FILE DESTROYED 06/23/2003 FILE STAMP 06/13/03, FILM DATE 06/13/03 MICR # 824, SATISFACTION OF JUDGMENT 05/20/2003 Changed Case Status: From: PENDING To: CASE TERMINATED 05/19/2003 FILE STAMP 05/12/03, FILM DATE 05/12/03 MICR # 80, CONSENT JOURNAL ENTRY OF JUDGMT; FOR PL AGAINST DEFT. GEORGE MCCRARY FOR $10,79 2.49 WITH INTEREST AND COSTS; EXECUTION STAYED 04/24/2003 Defense Attorney ALLEN, MILTON P assigned on 04/24/03 04/07/2003 FILE STAMP 03/31/03, FILM DATE 03/31/03 MICR # 676, FAX FILE DATE 03-31-03 AT 14:21 ENTRY OF APPEARANCE; MILTON P ALLEN JR. FOR DEFT. 03/24/2003 FILE STAMP 03/18/03, FILM DATE 03/18/03 MICR # 752, CERT OF SERVICE (DOCUMENT MAILED)..NOTIC E OF SERVICE OF REQUEST FOR ADMISSIONS 03/18/2003 FILE STAMP 03/12/03, FILM DATE 03/12/03 MICR # 496, SUMMONS RETURN DG CO KS; SERVED BY LEAVING AT RESIDENCE AND MAILING NOTICE FOR GEORGE MCCRARY 03-04-03 C/S 03/17/2003 Def Pro Se address: 916 BAKER, BALDWIN CITY, KS 66006 03/17/2003 Defense Attorney PRO SE assigned on 03/17/03 03/17/2003 FILE STAMP 03/12/03, FILM DATE 03/12/03 MICR # 806, ANSWER OF DEFT (PRO SE) 03/13/2003 FILE STAMP , FILM DATE 03/13/03 MICR # , <*BENCH NOTES**> CASE CALLED FOR ANSWER DATE; DEFENDANT'S RESPONSIVE PLEADING IS ON FILE JUDGE,PW;MAG 02/20/2003 SCHED. ANSWER DATE on 03/13/03,09:30am,Div 61 02/20/2003 FILE STAMP 02/20/03, FILM DATE 02/20/03 MICR # , SUMMONS AND PETITION (1) ISSUED TO SHERIFF OF DG CO KS ANSWER DATE 3/13/03 @ 9:30 02/20/2003 FILE STAMP 02/19/03, FILM DATE 02/19/03 MICR # 55, PETITION (61) (MONEY) REQUEST AND SERVICE INSTRUCTION FORM 02/19/2003 Judge: PHILLIP L WOODWORTH Assigned to Case 02/19/2003 NEW CASE FILED; BERMAN & RABIN PA VS GEORGE MCCRARY; RECEIPT 03006970; FILING FEE OF $81.00 PAID BY BERMAN & RABIN PA;, Receipted Amount: $81.00 , Check No: 29099, Receipt NO: 03006970

March 20, 2009

The Baldwin Scum Bucket

Comments

oliphant 5 years, 4 months ago

Very interesting. Berman and Rabin, PA are Kansas collections attorneys. Go visit their website and take a look: www.bermanrabin.com

Why would a firm specializing in collections file a suit against George McCrary and then have the judge find in favor of the plaintifs (that's Berman and Rabin) against George?

Yes, it's true, we don't know all the facts of the case. Maybe Georgie or one of his little minions would care to share the details of it. This is PUBLIC information and I believe the PUBLIC who he is asking to elect him has the right to know.

Spiderpig 5 years, 4 months ago

I did a little research as well. I found that one time in Junior High School he borrowed a pencil from the teacher and didn't return it.

Wagner is lucky to have you soul suckers on his side. His skeletons are safe.

123456 5 years, 4 months ago

It was a crayon, George wasn't allowed to have anything sharp back then.

cranky 5 years, 4 months ago

Oliphant,

You are a disgusting person. Your mud slinging is appalling. It's beginning to become very obvious how desperately you want your candidate to be elected, and it's not casting a good light on him or his supporters.

Get a life.

cranky 5 years, 4 months ago

You guys have it working in two directions don't you? A barrage of Letters to the Editor and then the slime being thrown on Speak Out.

Nice campaign tactic!

oliphant 5 years, 4 months ago

Apparently the Johnson County District Court doesn't find this matter to be "mud slinging". You know, it seems really simple that George could just pay his bills on time and these alligators wouldn't be nipping at his behind. Don't try to pin the blame elsewhere. He's obviously dumb enough to make these blatant errors and then be arrogant enough to run for public office. I feel very sorry for his family, but I have not a quarter-drop of tears to shed for him.

cranky 5 years, 4 months ago

Got your personal message, Oliphant. Don't threaten me again.

ghostofphyllis 5 years, 4 months ago

Well guess we need to break out some pretzels, popcorn and drinks and await the next skeleton to fall. Since there is no doubt we wont run out of them any time soon.

Which by the way Donkey George, spoke to your sign vendor that made your propaganda signs...they havent been paid for either and would like to be reimbursed. Just a little FYI.

See Donkey this is how it works, you buy things...THEN you pay for them...

Remember DONKEY GEORGE for Mayor...heehaw heehaw...

BaldwinDad 5 years, 4 months ago

As much as I don't like mud slinging this really isn't that. The man is running on the basis that he has the experience to be mayor due to his Business and his previous experience on the City Council.

Well, if you look at all the info that is public record, both of those reasons seem pretty weak due to the fact that he can't pay his bills on time and he dropped out off office previously cause he could not hack it.

It is obvious that of the three candidates George is the weakest one.

Monkey 5 years, 4 months ago

All you need a life...lol... I think it is funny as hell how many people let this stupid stuff bother them. If you dont like a candidate dont vote for them it is that simple.

Well, at least this group of soul suckers is finally showing their true colors out in public. There is a lot more going on in the background; you wouldn't believe the tactics they've already resorted to. What will they try next? I wonder: Why do they feel so threatened by George McCrary's candidacy? Why do they not feel similarly threatened by Gary Wallbridge's?

The big question is: Do we want to have a mayor whose friends (if not himself) have the kind of character flaws to try to publicly embarrass a man and his entire family in this way? All that George has done to deserve this treatment is to throw his hat into the ring to become mayor of B.C. He is not trying to hide or cover up anything. Like any business owner, he has disputes from time to time, and is probably working through them. I know of at least two former B.C. public servants who are currently facing bankruptcy. That's likely to result in someone being able to find that court case in a public record somewhere. Now, I don't know the particulars of their situations any more than I know the particulars of George's situation. My point is: Whose slate is so clean, they can throw these stones?

The problem with voting against a particular candidate instead of finding someone you can get behind is that you end up with someone in office who has no talent, no ideas, no abilities. If a candidate is truly worthy, then he/she should stand on his/her own merit. If he/she convinces the voting public purely on the basis of what's bad about the opponent, then the voting public likely ends up with someone incompetent or undesirable in office. Never trust the guy who says, "Don't look at me -- look at my awful opponent!"

oliphant 5 years, 4 months ago

The citizens of Baldwin City feel threatened by the spectre of someone as profoundly dumb as George McCrary running their city (or at least monkeying around with it until he gets bored, tired, p!s$ed off, or otherwise occupied and resigns).

You think I'm overstating it? Just for a moment consider that Georgie hasn't attended even ONE city council meeting since the first of the year. Not ONE. Now that's some level of arrogance there. I guess he just figures he's got all the answers and doesn't even need to be aware of what's happening in this city. I wouldn't just call it "blissfully un-engaged". I think "recklessly ignorant" and "potentially catastrophic" would be the proper descriptor.

As for Walbridge, just think of curdling cottage cheese accidentally left on the counter when you left for a two week vacation.

cranky 5 years, 4 months ago

The statement you made saying that George has not been to a council meeting this year is simply not true.

woofwoof 5 years, 4 months ago

Oli - Have you expended an equal amount of energy "investigating" the other candidates? Are they squeaky clean?

You don't want to risk your reputation as Baldwins' "most fair/unbiased, concerned citizen" do you?

woofwoof

oliphant 5 years, 4 months ago

I state unequivocally that George McCrary has not attended a City Council meeting (at least a Baldwin City City Council meeting) at all this year. Believe it.

cranky 5 years, 4 months ago

I hope you're not making this statement based on the minutes of the council meetings on the website.

oliphant 5 years, 4 months ago

You know, you really should try harder to make points stick in the minds of your readers. But I'll help them out since you are not doing a very good job of it.

George is not an elected official and therefore it would not be recorded one way or another in the minutes of the meetings if George attended or not. No, George didn't attend the meetings because someone who has attended every meeting this year has stated unequivocally that George was not at the meeting (unless he was hiding in the other room or perhaps painted himself to match the walls of the American Legion Hall or the City Hall conference room).

Please save everyone the time and just concede that George hasn't attended the meetings. I don't know why, and by your logic voters shouldn't care. But don't try to fabricate a story. He done weren't there no how.

cranky 5 years, 4 months ago

That's what I was trying to make sure YOU understood, that George's attendance would not be recorded.

And again, here you go with the heresay. "I know for a fact...blah blah blah...because someone told me..."

So do you state unequivocally or did someone state unequivocally to you? Whatever, Oli. I'm not trying to fabricate anything.

oliphant 5 years, 4 months ago

OK, so here are two very simple question that you can choose to answer or not. I think the answers to them are very pertinent, but you be your own judge:

1.) Would it bother you at all if a candidate for Mayor failed to attend any (or even a healthy percentage) of City Council meetings for this year?

2.) Would you consider it the height of hubris if a candidate didn't think he needed to attend City Council meetings because he already knew everything he needed to know?

Aw hell. To quote the TV lawyers, "I withdraw my questions". It doesn't really matter. You're a true believer in Georgie. Thank the gods that voting-age and voting-likely people like you are few and far between in Baldwin City.

cranky 5 years, 4 months ago

Voting-likely people like me are few and far between? You have absolutely no idea what's important to me, so you can't make that judgement. And why would I even want to share my beliefs with someone who said they "know who I am" and to "sleep tight"?

I haven't even made up my mind who gets my vote. I just strongly disagree with the tactics you are using, and you totally lost all cred with me with your threat. Capiche?

If you are being threatened, then try to get a hold of the police or the district attorney.

flying26u 5 years, 4 months ago

Good luck George, you can count on my vote.

Cityboy 5 years, 4 months ago

There appears to be a lot of slanderous actualizations being thrown out here. Isn’t that against the law? I guess Oli can't say she/he has a squeaky clean reputation.

oliphant 5 years, 4 months ago

Cityboy,

I'll forgive you for not knowing that slander is when something is verbalized, not written. I'll also forgive you for not knowing that the truth of asserted facts is an absolute defense to libel. I stand by my statements.

oliphant

P.S. And oh yes, I've done things wrong - there's probably official records to prove it. I ain't running for public office, though.

flying26u 5 years, 4 months ago

I counted 123 more GEORGE SIGNS today.

puck 5 years, 4 months ago

Those signs are becoming a joke. There was one in my yard last week. I quickly tore it out.

I am fine with people supporting their candidate and all... but don't put your propaganda in my yard.

flying26u 5 years, 3 months ago

17 MORE "JOKES" PLACED IN YARDS BY HOMEOWNERS. (GEORGE SIGNS). THERE MUST BE A LANDSLIDE COMING!

moe 5 years, 3 months ago

I am with you puck. these silly signs were a topic of some discussion this weekend with some of by buddies. 4 of them told me they were "strong-armed" by George to put in their yard and didn't reflect how they will actually vote. they said it was easier to say"what the hell--go ahead" when asked than argue with the guy. so I wouldn't put too much stock in how many signs there are out there. I also talked to someone who is helping Ken w. with his campaign and this guy says many of Ken's signs have been mysteriouysly disappearing and they are getting calls for more signs. and would be putting them up if they had any more to give away which they don't.

flying26---if you are really counting these signs then i think you need to get a life.

oliphant 5 years, 3 months ago

Perhaps I should get a life also, but because I wanted to put in perspective this flying26u character's assertion I drove down every street in Baldwin City today and counted exactly 43 George McCrary signs. So hopefully George will be able to count on all 43 of those folks as votes, but perhaps not (see moe's prior thread). Anyhow, I think you can now put flying26u's statements in context.

Oh, I should add, this includes those signs stuck in vacant lots without the owners' permission, plus the signs on business properties that likely don't translate directly to household votes. So 43 might be reaching if George has that number on his forecast.

flying26u 5 years, 3 months ago

gotta learn to count oliphant

flying26u 5 years, 3 months ago

I told you Oliphant you could not count. George had 231 signs.