Blogs home The Baldwin Scum Bucket

Looks like there's some truth to the rumor…

Don't know what to make of it, but sure enough, look at the difference between the 2008 and 2009 tax records for the property along the hwy

2009 http://www.douglas-county.com/online_…

2008 http://www.douglas-county.com/online_…

George is no longer on the listing. I guess something happened after all regarding George's ownership thereof. And to think that those of us who dig for the truth are called mean, evil, and nasty.

March 13, 2009

The Baldwin Scum Bucket

Comments

cranky 5 years, 4 months ago

Oliphant,

I'll say it here too...who gives a crap? Let's stick to the issues at hand.

oliphant 5 years, 4 months ago

"Who gives a crap? Can we stick to the issues at hand?"

So what exactly is important to voters like you? Isn't it important to you that someone who would be placed in charge of directing something as insignificant as our City's budget actually can manage a checkbook?

Isn't it important to you that someone who will be responsible for making commitments on behalf of the City of Baldwin (i.e. contracts) actually believes that said commitments should be honored?

Or is it more important that you really, really like the guy and, you know, he is just such an upbeat fellow, how can you not vote for him? Is that it?

Luckily, there will be enough registered voters in this town that see George for the high energy, but low intellect person that he is and will not be voting for him, due to this issue as well as several others that CLEARLY demonstrate George is not qualified to serve as mayor.

And hey, even if he won, he would undoubtedly get bored after about a year and he would resign, just like he did in 2002 when he got bored or got scared of the decisions he would be required to make as an ELECTED member of City Council. But hey, that probably means nothing to you as a voter either.

cranky 5 years, 4 months ago

Because George is no longer listed on a property means he can't manage a checkbook? You're reaching. Sorry. Did you know the true story behind why George left the council? Doubt that, too. I cannot stand it when people, like you, assassinate a man's character because of an obvious "beef".

ghostofphyllis 5 years, 4 months ago

I think oliphant is KH he writes better than me.....

oliphant 5 years, 4 months ago

greyghost,

As I understand the Lorenzens tell it, they threatened McCrary with court for what is called "specific performance", meaning that the court would order McCrary to honor, in full, the payment of all that was owed to Lorenzen for the property, even if it meant that McCrary would have to liquidate other assets.

However, such proceedings take a long period of time to work through, and during this period of time, the Lorenzens, even though they would continue to make bank payments on the land (unless they wanted it foreclosed) would be unable to rent or sell the land during the proceedings. It was a business decision that the Lorenzens made to force George McCrary to quit any claim he had to the land, forfeiting any monies already paid, in exchange for Lorenzen once again receiving clear title to the land.

Don't for a minute think that this is just a walkaway matter for Lorenzen at this point. The contract for deed included that payments were to be made by McCrary for taxes on the land and to keep insurance on the building (as would be required by Lorenzen's primary bank loan). Now, Lorenzen has to eat these costs unexpectedly because George simply decided to quit honoring a "contractual obligation". Notice it wasn't called a "oh, if you feel like it" agreement. It was a contract, which is a foundational principle of American business.

BTW, if you have ANY doubt about this, call up the Lorenzens. They will be happy to set you straight about this.

Uh.... Please leave me out of your little thread of intrigue, oliphant. I don't give a rat's rosy rear. I believe you meant to be addressing "ghostofphyllis."

Seems there are a lot of "ghosts" around Baldwin who haven't the creativity to come up with original posting names. Not to mention, a few posters who are sloppy readers.

woofwoof 5 years, 4 months ago

oliphant- Your first mistake was starting your thread with "As I understand the Lorenzens tell it". (Gossip)

Your second mistake was finishing your post with "BTW, if you have ANY doubt about this, call up the Lorenzens. (I am passing on gossip that I am too lazy to confirm.)

TOG- It's not only sloppy readers, it's also sloppy posters.

woofwoof

woofwoof 5 years, 4 months ago

oliphant- I just noticed the title of your thread, "The Baldwin Scum Bucket".

Please refrain from being redundant, your tag, "oliphant" is sufficient.

woofwoof

oliphant 5 years, 4 months ago

So if I'm understanding this correctly, you would actually be concerned and think this to be an important matter IF you believed it to be true and not just a rumor. Do I have that correct?

So would you actually believe it if one of the Lorenzens themselves posted on here? Or are you just going to deny outright the possibility that George really screwed up here, and did it at possibly the most inopportune time when he wanted to run for Mayor?

Why George wanted to invite public scrutiny on himself by running for Mayor, full well knowing that this was out there is truly beyond me. Good thing he seems to have a few apologists out there that want all of us to give him a free pass without seeing what kind of Mayor he would actually be.

Posted in the other thread...

Ask Willow Springs Township if the fiscal responsibility of an official (and in this case his wife) is relevant.

woofwoof 5 years, 4 months ago

oliphant-

I would like for YOU to call Dave and Jackie and discuss their personal business.

I would like for YOU to open your next post, "I just got off the phone with Dave and Jackie, they told me.....".

I don't care one whit either way about their business dealings with GM.

Last I knew, the Mayor wasn't the sole possessor of the city checkbook.

Last I knew the Mayor couldn't sign any contracts on behalf of the city without the Councils' approval.

Some of us don't decide a fellow mans past, present or future worth based on him bouncing a check at the five&dime store.

Which by the way is a legal and binding contract to pay and if you bounce one big enough, the Coppers will haul you off to jail.

So, oli, did you understand it as the Coppers told it that they hauled GM off to jail?

I suspect that there are a lot of things that get by you, oli.

woofwoof

oldschool 5 years, 4 months ago

Torch - get back on the meds. You are seriously deranged and confused.

oliphant 5 years, 4 months ago

So, I just want to make sure I understand clearly what you are saying (and please correct me if I am stating it incorrectly) - that even if it is the case the George defaulted on the contract with the Lorenzens you are still willing to vote for him to lead our City during what could be its most perilous financial times in recent memory.

Furthermore, you base this on the fact that you do not judge a man's worth (by that I would assume you mean his character) by whether or not he might have "bounced a check" or otherwise not honored a commitment.

If you are willing to state that this is your core belief (again, just wanting to make sure I understand it correctly) then we will have established the point beyond further discussion and I'll leave this thread alone since there's no further reason to beat a dead horsey.

woofwoof 5 years, 4 months ago

oliphant-

I would say that there are very few people on this planet who haven't dishonored both verbal and or written commitments at times in their lives.

It would seem, from what you have said, he is rescuing himself from "perilous" financial times, maybe he could be the "experienced" candidate that your hoping for.

By the way, I am not endorsing any of the candidates and cannot vote as I live outside the city limits.

Yep, call the rendering wagon.

woofwoof

Why are so many people in this town going to such extremes to try to get Ken Wagner elected? Why all the glowing LTEs for Ken on the one side, and all the George bashing on the other? Don't try to tell me it's not the same group of people doing all this legwork.

Look, if your candidate is really so great, we'll all be able to see that by what he says about himself and the issues. Also, since he's been highly involved in the City Council, we can see what he's done and what he's likely to do in the future by his own track record. You don't need to tear down the other candidates just to prop up your guy.

123456 5 years, 4 months ago

NanCrisp, what is it you don't understand, you must have been out of the country during the last election. I see there;s another posting about George. We don't need a mess in Baldwin like they have in Washington.

dsharkie 5 years, 4 months ago

Too many ghosts.....I am curious why those of doing the bashing didn't thrown their proverbial hats into the ring. OR are there ghosts there you wouldn't like us to hear about. By the way, if one of you claims to be a contractor, then please fix the retaining wall in front of your house it looks like crap. I know a real contractor who could fix it for you.

flying26u 5 years, 4 months ago

George signs are popping up ALL over!