Blogs home Slumlords!!

Keep an eye on your cats!!

We recently moved into a new neighborhood in town, and cannot believe the way our new neighbors treat each other. We have 2 adult cats, and one of those recently had 4 kittens. One of the kittens got in our van and had a leg cut off. Cost a lot to fix him, but he made it thru. A week ago yesterday the mom cat, and our neighbors kitten, were taken to the cemetary and dumped by someone on our block. They got their kitten back, we've yet to find our mom cat. Yesterday, our 3-legged kitten and another kitten disappeared. We talked to the other people who had the kitten taken before, and they are also missing 2 cats!!! We talked to the BCPD and guess what, there's no city ordinance for cats. So in other words...ANYONE can take YOUR cat and dump it WHEREVER they want!!! They can even set traps to catch cats!! This is ridiculous!! We now have 3 kids so upset because our friendly neighbors decided they didn't like the cats being around. What is wrong with people??? So this is a warning....WATCH YOUR CATS VERY CLOSELY!!!

September 28, 2009

Slumlords!!

Comments

hellothere 4 years, 10 months ago

While I think its terrible that somebody is stealing your cats, don't you think 6 cats is a bit much?

kermit 4 years, 10 months ago

Oh no....another Baldwin City "cat" story. Unbelievable.

eagles78 4 years, 10 months ago

I am assuming from your post that these were outside cats. And if so, were you keeping them from venturing to your neighbors yards? I live in a neighborhood where cats frequently use my flowerbeds as their litter box and I must say it is very frustrating. Maybe your neighbors were just fed up.

eagles78 4 years, 10 months ago

Let me also add that I am not in agreement with how your neighbors handled this situation, although I do think cats roaming at will is a problem in our city.

rateraiser 4 years, 10 months ago

Here's an idea.....keep your cats in YOUR house!!!! I've got dogs that occasionally run off and go into the neighbor's yard or into the street, but I won't blame my neighbor's if they get hit or hurt because it is MY responsibility to take care of them. And if they want to run off, then don't come back for food.

Stacy Napier 4 years, 10 months ago

Well the city has a new program to trap the cats. Read the story. Maybe they trapped it.

Keep you cats in your yard.

sandman 4 years, 10 months ago

Is Terry McKinney back in town......??