Blogs home Plowing the schools lots?

Plowing the schools lots?

OK, so no school is in session and the district pays overtime for folks to come clear all the snow. I understand the upper admin may have had to had access, but clearing district wide makes no sense-what did that cost us? Yet another administrative decision that needs to be questioned....

December 28, 2009

Plowing the schools lots?

Comments

loosecaboose 4 years, 9 months ago

For the same reason that the USD348 vehicle parked in the cul-de-sac on Silver Leaf Lane keeps passing by my window while school is closed.........SPEND MONEY!

switchingplaces 4 years, 9 months ago

I think a patron may have recently purchased that car when the district advertised several vehicles for sale. If that is the case, I wonder whose responsibility it is/was to remove the school district identification.

bc 4 years, 9 months ago

Yes, we wouldn't want people like loosecaboose to be all up in arms over a decal. We need to get to the core of this issue and find the responsible party and make them pay.

BaldwinDad 4 years, 9 months ago

It's easy to determine if the vehicle is a USD348 car, just look at the plates.

I also agree cleaning the parking lots at all the schools could have waited till later in the week when you would not have had to pay any possible OT or additional costs, if that was the case.

bc 4 years, 9 months ago

I believe the KSHSAA non-practice week ended Sunday, so I can see why snow removal might have been necessary for a few practices that may be held.

switchingplaces 4 years, 9 months ago

Practices are only taking places @ BJHS, none of the other buildings are to be opened over winter break.

firetree1966 4 years, 9 months ago

They also cleared Marion Springs and Vinland-what a waste of money. (the snow removal-the schools themselves are another issue) Emergency storm shelter? Clear the entrances for the "shelter" and a access-not district wide. Insane!

bc 4 years, 9 months ago

The maint. director is a salaried employee who was probably out there clearing the snow, so no overtime/extra pay there. As for hourly workers that may have helped, no one here, including myself, knows how many hours were worked, and over time means they would have had to work over 40 hours clearing snow. Unlikely.

firetree, STFU.
You know it's kind of sad that this pissed you off so much that you decided to take a stand by creating a blog. Jesus Christ. Insane!

BaldwinDad 4 years, 9 months ago

I can't think of anything funnier then someone posting on someone else's blog about how stupid that blog is...speaks volumes about the lack of their own intelligence.

BaldwinDad, The only thing funnier than that is when some ignoramus uses "then" where "than" should be.
Oh, and even funnier is when that same idiot then comments on others intelligence!
LMFAO!!

(You want to respond.......but it's probably in your best interest if you don't!)

January 4 is World Hypnotism Day!

BaldwinDad 4 years, 9 months ago

greyghost, ok you got me there...my bad.

BaldwinDad, I still believe this particular blog is a waste of space. But, you know what I think firetree should do? Call this number: 785-594-2721 ext.108 -- then, talk with Mr. Collins and find out if he is spending our tax money unnecessarily on snow removal. Then, firetree should create a blog with all of the answers. Actually, BD, if firetree suffers from SAD, he/she doesn't even have to talk with a real human. He/she can email Mr. Gary Collins at gcollins@usd348.com .
If Mr. Collins is unresponsive, or tells firetree to go to hell -- that it's none of his/her business, firetree should call Mr. Dorathy for a quick chat (or SADly email him @ pdorathy@usd348.com).
/> Either way, we should get an interesting blog from firetree.