Blogs home loosecaboose

Signal

With all the changes, this paper must be dying, but how long will it take?

January 19, 2012

loosecaboose

Comments

hyperinflate 2 years, 11 months ago

How about a nice little round of death bingo?

I'll buy a marker for March, 2012.

Bulldog1 2 years, 11 months ago

It already died it just doesn't know it yet.

havetosayit 2 years, 11 months ago

The Baldwin Signal will die soon if it continues with terrible pictures and pathetic wording. Too bad there isn't womeone working for it that knows the town people and cares to know them. Oh, and spelling last name correctly would be nice. You also, might want to get names correct in pictures. Knowing the town people helps.

showtime 2 years, 10 months ago

maybe stories written in short-hand is the new style, insert manual buzzer here!

MrJingles 2 years, 11 months ago

Gentlemen the Baldwin Signal won't be the only thing closing up. The 1055 road into Baldwin which is about to be closed and redone with sidewalks is absolutely crazy. How in the heck is the people north of town going to get into town, The gravel Road ! Let me tell you whats going to happen because I have seen it before. Here we go, I buy $500 a month in gas at Santa Fe Market and about $350 from the Grocery store and that doesn't include odds and ends at the Hardware store and eating at the Diner and what not. People are not going to drive clear around on the gravel road to get into town, they will buy at Lawrence. I have talked to all the neighbors (35of them) around me and they aggree with me. They will have to spend their money in Lawrence until the road is complete. (1 year ! ) Whatsup with that!! What a shame that baldwin city is spending Themselves broke just because the Feds gave them a percentage of the cost and are trying to become a big city. The decisions of our leaders are going to kill this town. Just look at the Property Taxes. That why I move here 2 years ago because of the I was tired of the Big city (KC) . I have friends that will be moving close to intermodle facilty in Gardner when it completed in last quarter of 2013. They ask me about Baldwin City and unfortunately I tell them I love it here just don't move into the Baldwin School district because of the outrageous property tax. Wakeup Baldwin Leaders the city is bleeding to death.

hyperinflate 2 years, 11 months ago

You must be one of those whiny homeowners who is gonna lose his precious landscaping that was put in improperly on the City right-of-way and now you're all upset about it. Deal with it. Progress requires inconvenience sometimes.

Have you ever watched in horror as school kids walk on the roadway along 1055 to get to the high school (usually out-of-town kids there for after-school or weekend events)? It is truly miraculous that no one has been hit yet. It is also only a matter of time before a car ends up in one of the steep ditches on its roof, with its occupant critically injured or killed.

It is considered improper (don't know why) to criticize poor spelling and grammar in online forums, so I won't do that; however, get your facts straight. This project has no Federal dollars in it at all. It is a joint County/City project and represents the most affordable way for Baldwin City to make needed improvements to a major route into town.

Nonetheless, the cost of living in Baldwin is absurd compared to other places. I have friends in Shawnee who laugh when I tell them what my taxes and utilities are.

I guess if you want to live in 'paradise' you have to pay for it though.

Goldie 2 years, 11 months ago

Not to worry. With our current leadership Baldwin has no prayer of growth

straub 2 years, 5 months ago

Hyperinflate why do you always have to reply with name calling. Are people not allowed to voice there concerns on this site? Yes, bloggers at time appear to be ruthless when calling out the City Council. However, those on the Council ran for office and know this to be part of the territory. If your not a Councilman please change the way you address fellow residents you may not agree with. Note: I'm not condemning you for your opinion as you have a right to it. On the other hand if you are a Councilman; your constituents have the right to voice opinions without your disrespect. Therefore if you are a Council member you should be required to sign your real name and not an anonymous one. If you are offended with any of my remarks, please note they were not to cause you harm or embarrassment. Only a request for kinder remarks from one blogger to another. Thank you.