Blogs home baldwin boycott blogs

Ohhhh, Jeffy-Boy

This is just through the grape-vine, but I heard that Jeff Myrick is "no longer with the company." I know Jeff and I had squared off before, but honestly I liked Jeff as our newsman, for the most part. I will never forget the time he threatened to ban me. . . . . good times.

If this is true, I wish Jeff the best of luck and hope the new editor is as dedicated as he was.

Image

November 1, 2010

baldwin boycott blogs

Comments

towniegirl 4 years, 1 month ago

I liked Jeff a lot too. Unfortunately what you heard through the grape-vine is true. He is no longer with the company.

markdunn 4 years, 1 month ago

I was wondering why he wasn't answering my emails. This is too bad.

NanCrisp 4 years, 1 month ago

For all his puffed-up sense of self importance, Mr. Myrick was an editor, not a publisher. I.E.: He was an employee, not a businessman. The parent company has obviously decided that fiscal responsibility demands a restructuring of the subsidiaries. Look for the Signal to soon come to you as a "section" of the Journal-World. If this concept seems foreign, take a look at the Kansas City Star and its "neighborhood" sections.

photobug 4 years, 1 month ago

Someone has been hired to come in twice a week from out of town to "edit" the paper. Whether it was a cost saving thing or not, we are not getting our local news anymore. Jimmy does a great job with sports, school updates and issues. He is not however our City Council guy and doesn't have his hand on the city like Jeff did. I surely hope we don't lose the paper but without the substance Jeff used to help provide it will decline. I don't want an editorial from someone who doesn't live here. Only someone who is in the office on a day to day will keep up with our little town. Corporate will regret this decision or maybe this is just their way to slowly bleed the paper dry.

baldwinmom10 4 years, 1 month ago

AGAIN PEOPLE! You are ripping apart a man on a public forum, who has just lost his job. Whether or not he was good at it doesnt mean that it was any less devistating for him!

Mr. Myrick, I do not know you, but I am sorry for your misfortunes! God Bless!

Well, he talked about change during the 2008 elections...and change is what he got.