Blogs home arcocelli

it's a sad day when someone steals the mannequin legs out of your front yard.

Went out this morning and found our mannequin legs we had out in the front yard have been stolen! I'm sure it was some of them dang kids. It's too bad though, they were actually a Christmas present my wife received back in December. I guess some people think they can help themselves to whatever isn't chained down. I guess I can't be too mad about it, I did plenty of questionable things when I was a kid!

Comments

Be sure to get the word out--post flyers, write a LTE (for those who don't read the online version of the paper)... Tell all your friends. You're probably right about it being kids--and maybe if some parents read about your loss, then see their kid and his/her friends goofing around with the legs, they (the parents) might make the kids do the right thing and return them--or drop them off at the cop shop.

I remember that Walt Bailey got his stolen rare plant back after writing a LTE and making sure everybody knew about the theft. It just showed up on his property again over night. Either the thief felt guilty or someone (friend, parent) threatened to turn the thief in if s/he didn't return it. Maybe the same will happen for you. Good luck!

"It says FRA-GIL-E....it must be Italian!"

Please tell me you weren't going to make lamps out of them...

arcocelli 3 years, 6 months ago

thanks for the info! I get we better get some flyers made up too, while we're at it.

We weren't going to make lamps out of them, though that thought easily springs to mind. I'm surprised no one has stolen the doll heads we have out in the yard, I figured at some of them would be gone by now.

Stacy Napier 3 years, 6 months ago

maybe it was just your neighbor who was tired of looking at that crap in your front yard.

arcocelli 3 years, 6 months ago

why would they care what I have in my yard? I don't give a thought to what other people have in theirs.

I would love to have neighbors who had enough of a sense of humor to put mannequin legs in their front yard! ;-)

Long live individualism. And down with thieves!