- Flash Flood Watch issued May 11 at 3:42PM CDT until May 12 at 3:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 3:42 p.m. on Thursday, May 11, 2017
- Expires: 3 a.m. on Friday, May 12, 2017
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM CDT FRIDAY...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of southeast Kansas and Missouri, including the
following areas, in southeast Kansas, Cherokee and Crawford.
In Missouri, Barry, Barton, Christian, Dade, Dallas, Dent,
Douglas, Greene, Howell, Jasper, Laclede, Lawrence, McDonald,
Newton, Oregon, Ozark, Polk, Shannon, Stone, Taney, Texas,
Webster, and Wright.
* Until 3 AM CDT Friday
* Multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms will affect the
area into late tonight. This additional rainfall on top of
already near saturated grounds will create the risk for flash
* Widespread rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are expected across
the watch area. Localized higher amounts between 3 and 4 inches
will be likely in areas that receive multiple thunderstorms.
Flooding of low water crossings and low lying areas will be
- See more at NOAA