- Flood Warning issued May 21 at 1:53PM CDT until May 24 at 7:36AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1:52 p.m. on Monday, May 21, 2018
- Expires: 7:36 a.m. on Thursday, May 24, 2018
...The flood warning continues for the following rivers in
Meramec River near Sullivan
.This Flood Warning is a result of 2 to 3 inches of precipitation the
past 24 hours...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Meramec River near Sullivan
* from this afternoon to Thursday morning.
* At 1:30 PM Monday the stage was 11.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to crest near 14.0 feet by tomorrow morning,
then fall below flood stage Wednesday morning.
* Impact: At 14.0 feet...The main entrance road to the Meramec State
Park campground begins flooding...blocking acess to cabins 1-8...
the picnic and playground areas, and the Wilderness Trailhead
parking lot. At Onondaga Cave State Park...the primary entrance to
the campground is closed and the secondary entrance is used near
* Impact: At 13.5 feet...Cave Road begins flooding at Onondaga Cave
State Park near this height.
* Impact: At 12.0 feet...The main entrance gate at Onondaga Cave
State Park begins flooding near this height. This may eventually
force the park to use the rear entrance as the primary entrance to
* Impact: At 11.5 feet...A small bridge in the back of Meramec State
Park park is flooded, cutting the park in two. If the river
continues to rise...park officials will evacuate the campgrounds at
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 05/22 05/23 05/24 05/25 05/26
Sullivan 11.0 11.53 14.0 11.1 7.9 6.4 5.7
- See more at NOAA