- Flash Flood Watch issued May 27 at 10:08PM CDT until May 28 at 7:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 10:08 p.m. on Saturday, May 27, 2017
- Expires: 7 a.m. on Sunday, May 28, 2017
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM CDT SUNDAY...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of south central Missouri and southwest Missouri,
including the following areas, in south central Missouri,
Dent, Howell, Oregon, Shannon, and Texas. In southwest
Missouri, Barry, Christian, Douglas, Greene, Jasper, Lawrence,
McDonald, Newton, Ozark, Stone, Taney, Webster, and Wright.
* Until 7 AM CDT Sunday
* Multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms producing
torrential rainfall will impact far southern Missouri generally
south of Highway 60 along the Missouri Arkansas border into
early Sunday morning. Storm total rainfall amounts will range
from one to three inches with locally higher amounts in excess
of five inches.
* This excessive rainfall will lead to flash flooding of streams,
low lying and poor drainage areas including low water
crossings. Those camping along area streams and rivers should be
especially cautious as streams and rivers can rise very
Dangerous flash flooding will impact some areas along the
- See more at NOAA