- Flood Warning issued March 08 at 9:19PM CST until March 11 at 11:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 9:19 p.m. on Tuesday, March 8, 2016
- Expires: 11 p.m. on Friday, March 11, 2016
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
James River at Galena affecting Stone County
.Heavy rainfall through midweek will cause river levels to
rise above flood stage.
...For the James River at Galena...
* At 9:01 PM Tuesday The stage was 4.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...rise above flood stage by Thursday early afternoon and
continue to rise to near 15.5 feet by Thursday evening. The river
will fall below flood stage by Thursday before midnight.
* Impact...At 15.0 feet...Flood waters impact Shoal Canoe Rental and
Motel one mile south of the gage site. Railey Creek at the rental
and hotel area begins to backwater along the James River. (936 FT
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 6 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Wed Thu Fri
James River Basin
Galena 15 4.6 Tue 09 PM 13.6 13.5 8.5
- See more at NOAA