- Flood Warning issued May 30 at 2:20AM CDT until June 01 at 2:17AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 2:20 a.m. on Saturday, May 30, 2015
- Expires: 2:17 a.m. on Monday, June 1, 2015
...The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Missouri...Kansas...
Elk River near Tiff City affecting McDonald County.
Marmaton River near Nevada affecting Vernon County.
Spring River above Baxter Springs affecting Cherokee County.
.Heavy rainfall over the past 24 hours will cause river levels to
rise above flood stage. Minor flooding is expected
* From this morning...until further notice.
...For the Elk River near Tiff City...
* At 1:30 AM Saturday The stage was 11.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will rise above flood stage by late this
morning and continue to rise to near 16.4 feet by this evening. The
river will fall below flood stage by around midnight.
* Impact...At 15.0 feet...Minor flooding occurs at the gage site. The
Cowskin River Floating Public Access Area on the west side of
Highway 43 floods. The access road to the RV Park at Herman`s
Campground two miles upstream from the bridge floods.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Sun Mon Tue
Elk River Basin
Tiff City 15 11.7 Sat 01 AM 13.9 10.2 8.6
- See more at NOAA