- Flood Warning issued May 20 at 8:57AM CDT until May 23 at 4:20AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 8:57 a.m. on Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Expires: 4:20 a.m. on Tuesday, May 23, 2017
...The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Missouri...Kansas...
Elk River near Tiff City affecting McDonald County.
Spring River above Baxter Springs affecting Cherokee County.
Spring River at Carthage affecting Jasper County.
.Heavy rainfall over the past few days will cause river levels to
rise above flood stage.
...For the Spring River at Carthage...
* At 7:45 AM Saturday The stage was 6.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will rise above flood stage by this evening
and continue to rise to near 11.8 feet by tomorrow morning. The
river will fall below flood stage by Monday morning.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Sun Mon Tue
Spring River Basin
Carthage 10 6.7 Sat 08 AM 11.8 9.6 7.8
- See more at NOAA