- Flood Watch issued February 19 at 11:58PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 9:25 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
- Expires: 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
...Flood Watch for Tuesday and Tuesday night...
.Several rounds of showers and thunderstorms will be possible
tonight through Tuesday night across the area. Two to three
inches of rainfall will be possible over southwest into south
central Missouri with the main chances for flooding occurring
during the day Tuesday into Tuesday night. The current drought
across the area will allow initial rainfall to soak into the
ground, but additional rounds of heavy rain on Tuesday into
Tuesday night may lead to some flooding, especially along smaller
streams and creeks and low water crossings.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM CST TUESDAY THROUGH
LATE TUESDAY NIGHT...
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of south central Missouri and southwest Missouri,
including the following areas, in south central Missouri,
Howell, Oregon, Shannon, and Texas. In southwest Missouri,
Barry, Christian, Dade, Dallas, Douglas, Greene, Jasper,
Laclede, Lawrence, McDonald, Newton, Ozark, Polk, Stone,
Taney, Webster, and Wright.
* From 6 AM CST Tuesday through late Tuesday night
* Several rounds of heavy rain may lead to some flooding,
especially in low lying areas and near smaller streams and
* Areas that receive multiple rounds of heavy rain will see an
increased risk for flooding. Smaller creeks and streams and
low water crossings would be the most likely areas to be
- See more at NOAA