- Flood Warning issued June 28 at 9:20AM CDT until June 30 at 1:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 9:20 a.m. on Sunday, June 28, 2015
- Expires: 1 p.m. on Tuesday, June 30, 2015
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Little Osage River near Horton affecting Vernon County
Marmaton River near Nevada affecting Vernon County
Osage River near Schell City affecting Bates and Vernon Counties
.Recent heavy rainfall has caused river levels to rise above flood
stage. Campers and other interests along or near these rivers should
pay close attention to river levels and seek higher ground if
flooding is observed.
...For the Osage River near Schell City...
* At 8:45 AM Sunday The stage was 29.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 30.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to near flood stage this
* Impact...At 30.0 feet...Flood waters affect the Schell Osage
Conservation Area, the Old River Road North of Schell City and Lost
Creek west of Schell Lake. Flood waters overflow the main river
channel at the gage site.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Mon Tue Wed
Osage River Basin
Schell City 30 29.9 Sun 09 AM 30.0 26.9 22.9
- See more at NOAA