- Flood Warning issued May 26 at 8:09PM CDT until June 01 at 1:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 8:09 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26, 2015
- Expires: 1 p.m. on Monday, June 1, 2015
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Little Osage River near Horton affecting Vernon County
Marmaton River near Nevada affecting Vernon County
Osage River near Schell City affecting Bates and Vernon Counties
.Heavy rainfall during the holiday weekend has caused river levels to
rise above flood stage. Campers along these rivers should monitor river levels
and seek higher ground in flooding is observed.
...For the Osage River near Schell City...
* At 7:45 PM Tuesday The stage was 32.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 30.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 33.1 feet by
Thursday early afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage
Sunday early afternoon.
* Impact...At 33.0 feet...Flood waters impact B Highway 2.5 miles east
of Rich Hill in the vicinity of the Bates County Drainage Ditch.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Wed Thu Fri
Osage River Basin
Schell City 30 32.4 Tue 08 PM 33.1 33.0 32.1
- See more at NOAA