- Winter Weather Advisory issued February 20 at 4:19AM CST until February 20 at 6:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 4:19 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
- Expires: 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
...Freezing Rain Expected Across Northwest MO and Northeast KS,
including the Kansas City Metropolitan area...
.On and off freezing rain has been occurring overnight,
accumulating between 0.10-0.20 of an inch north of the KC Metro,
with a light glaze in the KC Metro. Above-freezing road
temperatures will eventually decrease below freezing this
morning, while precipitation chances will increase. This will
lead to slick roadways, particularly on elevated surfaces.
The warmer road temperatures will limit ice accumulation on
roadways initially, but accumulating ice totals up to 0.30 of an
inch are expected. This will impact the morning commute, so
drivers need to take extreme caution. Conditions should improve
by the evening across the area as freezing rain exits the area.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
* WHAT...Freezing rain. Additional ice accumulations of one
tenth to one quarter of an inch are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of northeast Kansas and north central and
* WHEN...Until 6 PM CST this evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The ice will result in difficult travel
conditions, including during the morning commute.
- See more at NOAA