- Red Flag Warning issued March 14 at 12:04PM CDT until March 14 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1 p.m. on Wednesday, March 14, 2018
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Wednesday, March 14, 2018
...Critical Fire Weather Conditions Likely This Afternoon in
Portions of North Central Kansas and South Central Nebraska...
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING FOR
WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 005, 006,
085, 086 AND 087...
The National Weather Service in Hastings has issued a Red Flag
Warning for wind and low relative humidity, which is in effect
until 7 PM CDT this evening.
* AFFECTED AREA...In Kansas, Fire Weather Zone 005 Phillips and
Fire Weather Zone 006 Smith. In Nebraska, Fire Weather Zone
085 Webster, Fire Weather Zone 086 Nuckolls and Fire Weather
Zone 087 Thayer.
* WINDS...Southwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* TIMING...From 1 PM to 7 PM.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 16 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will spread quickly and be
difficult to control, exhibiting extreme fire behavior. Use
caution if engaging in activities that could start a fire.
- See more at NOAA