- Red Flag Warning issued March 15 at 4:05PM CDT until March 15 at 8:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 4:05 p.m. on Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Expires: 8 p.m. on Thursday, March 15, 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM MDT /8 PM CDT/
THIS EVENING FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER
ZONES 013...014...015...016 AND 029...
* Affected Area...In Kansas...Fire Weather Zone 013 Sherman...
Fire Weather Zone 014 Thomas...Fire Weather Zone 015
Sheridan... Fire Weather Zone 016 Graham and Fire Weather Zone
* Winds...Southeast 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Relative Humidity...As low as 19 percent.
* Temperatures...In the mid 70s to around 80.
* Impacts...Any fires that start will have extreme fire behavior
and spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not advised. Also, a cold
front will move across the area tonight shifting winds to a
northwesterly direction. Any fires that develop will need to be
monitored closely as the cold front and wind shift will alter
the movement of any fire.
- See more at NOAA