- Red Flag Warning issued September 20 at 12:26PM CDT until September 21 at 8:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017
- Expires: 8 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017
...CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS EXPECTED THURSDAY...
.Unseasonably hot temperatures will combine with a dry air mass
resulting in low relative humidity values across eastern
Colorado, northwest Kansas, and southwest Nebraska Thursday
afternoon and early Thursday evening. Gusty south winds will
develop by midday Thursday and continue into Thursday evening,
with gusts up to 35 mph possible.
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM TO 8 PM CDT THURSDAY FOR
WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 003...004...
015...016...029 AND 081...
The National Weather Service in Goodland has issued a Red Flag
Warning for wind and low relative humidity...which is in effect
from 1 PM to 8 PM CDT Thursday.
* Affected Area...In Kansas...Fire Weather Zone 003 Decatur...
Fire Weather Zone 004 Norton...Fire Weather Zone 015
Sheridan... Fire Weather Zone 016 Graham and Fire Weather Zone
029 Gove. In Nebraska...Fire Weather Zone 081 Red Willow.
* Winds...South 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Relative Humidity...As low as 14 percent.
* Impacts...Any fires that start will have extreme fire behavior
and spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not advised.
- See more at NOAA