- Red Flag Warning issued March 15 at 12:23PM CDT until March 15 at 8:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1 p.m. on Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Expires: 8 p.m. on Thursday, March 15, 2018
...Critical Fire Weather Conditions Likely This Afternoon in
Portions of North Central Kansas...
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT THIS EVENING
FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 017,
018 AND 019...
* AFFECTED AREA...In Kansas, Fire Weather Zone 017 Rooks, Fire
Weather Zone 018 Osborne and Fire Weather Zone 019 Mitchell.
* WINDS...Southeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* TIMING...From 1 to 8 PM.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 20 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will spread quickly and be
difficult to control, exhibiting extreme fire behavior. Use
caution if engaging in activities that could start a fire.
- See more at NOAA