- Winter Storm Watch issued April 12 at 3:45AM CDT until April 14 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1 p.m. on Friday, April 13, 2018
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 14, 2018
...Winter-like conditions will return to the area with an early
.A strong storm system will move across the Central High Plains
Region on Friday and Saturday. In addition to very windy
conditions on Friday through Saturday, rain will spread across
the region Friday morning and change to snow by late in the day on
Friday. As snowfall increases and begins to accumulate Friday
night, areas of blowing snow are possible mainly north of
Interstate 70. Snow and blowing snow with areas of near blizzard
conditions will continue through Saturday morning and diminish
from west to east by late Saturday afternoon as the snowfall
comes to an end.
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
* WHAT...Moderate to occasionally heavy snow with strong winds and
areas of blowing snow. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4
inches, with localized amounts up to 6 inches.
* WHERE...Portions of northwest Kansas, northeast Colorado and
southwest Nebraska generally north of Interstate 70.
* WHEN...From Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on difficult travel conditions.
Damage to trees and power lines is possible. Winds gusting as
high as 60 mph could cause widespread blowing and drifting
- See more at NOAA