- Red Flag Warning issued February 18 at 10:24AM CST until February 18 at 7:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: noon on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CST THIS EVENING FOR
WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 005,
017 AND 018...
The National Weather Service in Hastings has issued a Red Flag
Warning for wind and low relative humidity, which is in effect
until 7 PM CST this evening.
* AFFECTED AREA...In Kansas, Fire Weather Zone 005 Phillips,
Fire Weather Zone 017 Rooks and Fire Weather Zone 018 Osborne.
* WINDS...South 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* TIMING...This afternoon to 7 pm this evening.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 18 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that occur will spread rapidly, be difficult
to contain and will exhibit extreme fire behavior. Use caution
if engaging in activities that could start a fire.
- See more at NOAA