- Winter Weather Advisory issued January 21 at 3:52AM CST until January 22 at 3:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 6 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018
- Expires: 3 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 22, 2018
...Significant Winter Storm Expected This Evening Into Monday...
.The first widespread significant snowstorm of the winter will
begin later this afternoon and really ramp up as we head into
tonight and Monday morning. Blizzard conditions are expected
across portions of south central Nebraska into northwestern
Kansas. Some areas could measure more than a foot of snow that
will be accompanied by north winds of 30 mph gusting to around 45
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
3 PM CST MONDAY...
* WHAT...Snow and blowing snow expected. Plan on slippery road
conditions with poor visibility in blowing snow, including
during the morning commute on Monday. Total snow accumulations
of 1 to 3 inches are expected.
* WHERE...In Kansas, Jewell, Osborne and Mitchell Counties. In
Nebraska, Thayer County.
* WHEN...From 6 PM this evening through 3 PM CST Monday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds gusting as high as 45 mph will cause
areas of blowing and drifting snow.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means periods
of snow and blowing snow will cause primarily travel
difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited
visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road
conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by
calling 5 1 1.
- See more at NOAA