See current severe weather alerts.
Get commuter and severe weather updates via e-mail or SMS text message
Sunrise & sunset
Moonrise & moonset
- Several northeast Kansas counties in severe thunderstorm watch
- June 5, 2014
- Several area counties are in severe thunderstorm watches today.
- National Weather Service issues tornado watch, other advisories
- March 27, 2014
- In like a lion and out like a lion?
- Wind advisory in effect for local counties
- February 20, 2014
- Much of the area is under a wind advisory as a wintry mix of precipitation also is expected.
- Tonganoxie Phil: Early spring is on its way
- February 4, 2014
- Longtime physician by day, weather prognosticator by morning. Dr. Phil Stevens has been practicing medicine at the same office in downtown Tonganoxie for more than 58 years.
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect until midnight for area counties
- March 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch that’s in effect until midnight for Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Jefferson and Douglas counties.
- Tornado watch issued for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties
- February 28, 2012
- The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for Douglas, Franklin and Jefferson counties. It is in effect until 1 a.m. Wednesday.
- NWS warns: Weekend will be hot
- July 14, 2011
- Temperatures during the weekend heat watch could reach as high as 100 degrees. Factoring in humidity, heat indices will be between 105 and 110 degrees.
- Baldwin City residents can use district’s storm shelter when tornado sirens sound
- May 24, 2011
- USD 348 Superintendent Paul Dorathy announced that the school district’s new Performing Arts Center will be open tonight if tornado sirens are sounded in Baldwin City.
- Disaster officials urge Kansans to prepare for tornadoes
- May 24, 2011
- Despite living in the Midwest, where tornadoes frequently threaten the spring and early-summer weather, relatively few Kansas residents actually have a home tornado plan or disaster supply kit in place, according to the Red Cross.
- Thunderstorms, hail possible Thursday afternoon, evening
- April 14, 2011
- Thunderstorms, heavy rain and hail are possible Thursday afternoon and evening across northeast Kansas, according to the Hazardous Weather Outlook from the National Weather Service offices in Topeka and Pleasant Hill, Mo.