Tom Keegan is the sports editor at the Lawrence Journal-World
- Keegan: Brett Ballard has BU ballin’
- March 1, 2012
- Ballard’s third-seeded Wildcats advanced to the semifinals of the Heart of America Athletic Conference tournament with a 55-41 victory against No. 6 seed Benedictine College. Baker plays Friday night at No. 2 seed Evangel.
- Baker athletes net title trifecta
- November 4, 2011
- For one magical night, peaceful Baldwin City transformed itself into Titletown, USA, thanks to Baker University athletic teams winning three different regular-season Heart of America Athletic Conference titles in two cities Tuesday.
- Baldwin coping with tragic loss
- March 5, 2011
- The festive mood normally present when the doors swing open at 3:15 p.m. and students file out of the building after a day of classes at Baldwin High was replaced by long faces and quiet voices on a dreary Friday afternoon.
- Baldwin High football a team of power
- November 2, 2010
- The score already had taken root deep in the brains of the Baldwin High football players before they made it off the field at the end of a first-round, Class 4A playoff game last November: Bishop Miege 62, Baldwin 0.
- Baker’s Weaver to coach home finale tonight
- All-time win leader to retire at end of season
- February 25, 2010
- For the first time in 25 years, Baker University must find a new person to launder its basketball game jerseys.
- K-State wins by not losing
- November 8, 2009
- MANHATTAN — Sometimes the best way to win a football game is by not losing it. Kansas State, in the first year of Bill Snyder II, has that formula down to perfection.