Kaitlyn Syring is a staff reporter for Basehor. She is a University of Kansas graduate.
- Sampler success
- Festival attracts record crowd to area
- May 5, 2010
- Rain and small hail that moved Sunday through Leavenworth didn’t seem to dampen the overall spirit of the Kansas Sampler Festival’s debut in Leavenworth County.
- Leavenworth County kicks off 2010 Kansas Sampler Festival
- May 1, 2010
- Before the first visitors arrived Saturday at the 2010 Kansas Sampler Festival, organizers were touting the event as the biggest and best yet.
- Hawaii offered no paradise for medic during WWII
- November 4, 2009
- Now retired and serving as a third-year trustee in the Basehor Veterans of Foreign Wars, Wilbur Grisham looks back on his days in World War II and considers them insignificant in comparison to those of other men who fought in that war.
- For all veterans, a fitting farewell
- October 1, 2009
- A cool breeze cuts through the trees at Leavenworth National Cemetery. The sun gleams on hands clasped and heads bowed in prayer.
- Considering career change? Take time for research
- July 15, 2009
- Starting a new career requires time and thorough research, advises department heads at several area schools.