Jonathan Kealing Online editor
Jonathan Kealing is assistant director of media strategy for The World Company
- Injury accidents gnarl traffic on three highways
- KHP closes K-10 for six hours
- August 26, 2011
- All lanes of Kansas Highway 10 near Eudora were reopened shortly after 10:15 p.m. after the Kansas Highway Patrol’s commercial vehicle accident reconstruction team investigated a serious accident from earlier Thursday afternoon.
- Ambulance, LifeStar leave scene of ‘traumatic’ injury accident without transporting patient
- 03:36 p.m., July 30, 2010 Updated 04:58 p.m.
- Emergency crews were dispatched to the scene of a traumatic injury accidet south of Eudora shortly after 3:15 Friday, Douglas County Undersheriff Steve Hornberger said.
- Temporary injunction issued halting implementation of statewide smoking ban in 28 clubs in Kansas
- 08:13 p.m., June 30, 2010 Updated 10:06 p.m.
- TOPEKA — The statewide smoking ban will go into effect on Thursday, with exactly 28 new exceptions.
- Statewide tornado drill pushed back to Thursday
- March 8, 2010
- Citing the threat of actual severe weather Tuesday, the National Weather Service in Kansas has canceled the statewide tornado drill scheduled for that day.
- Shooting in Douglas County sends Eudora man to hospital, suspect turns gun on himself
- 11:58 p.m., July 4, 2009 Updated 12:17 p.m.
- A Saturday night altercation in southeast Douglas County sent one man to the hospital and left another man, who police believe was the shooter, dead.
- Severe weather whirls through area
- April 26, 2009
- The series of storms that swept through Northeast Kansas took the life of a Lawrence man Saturday evening.
- State epidemiologist to chat about salmonella outbreak
- January 29, 2009
- Peanut products in 43 states — including Kansas and Missouri — have been linked to 501 cases of salmonella, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.