Brenna Hawley is a staff writer with the Lawrence Journal-World
- Portion of Douglas County Road 458 to close
- May 10, 2011
- Douglas County and the Kansas Department of Transportation will close County Road 458 from U.S. Highway 59 east to East 1338 starting May 16 for bridge and road repair.
- Marion Springs Elementary School in Baldwin City holding last carnival before school closes
- April 22, 2011
- On April 30, Marion Springs Elementary School in Baldwin City is inviting students, alumni, teachers and parents to its last carnival before the school closes this year. The school has been open since 1963.
- Volunteers needed to help clean Black Jack Battlefield for Park Day
- March 21, 2011
- Volunteers are needed Saturday, April 2, to help clean historic Black Jack Battlefield as part of Park Day, a national effort to clean Civil War battlefields.
- Sen. Tom Holland to meet with public Saturday in Baldwin City, Eudora, Tonganoxie and Basehor
- January 25, 2011
- Sen. Tom Holland, D-Baldwin City, will take part in a “Meet Your Legislator” event from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Saturday at the Eudora Township Fire Department in Eudora, 310 W. 20th.
- Barn south of Pleasant Grove fully engulfed in fire
- December 2, 2010
- A barn at a farm on U.S. Highway 59 south of Lawrence, near Pleasant Grove, was fully engulfed in fire Wednesday night.
- De Soto woman killed, at least one other person injured, in accident on K-10 between Eudora, De Soto Monday night
- 12:21 a.m., October 19, 2010 Updated 07:59 a.m.
- One person was killed and another person was injured in an accident on Kansas Highway 10 in far western Johnson County about 10:30 Monday night, the Kansas Highway Patrol said.
- Pumpkin patch owners carve out family attractions
- October 18, 2010
- Two local pumpkin patches keep the traditional fall experience basic — pumpkins, family attractions and a little education thrown in.
- Rollover accident on K-10 between Lawrence, Eudora sends one person to hospital with serious injuries
- October 17, 2010
- One person was seriously injured when an eastbound vehicle wrecked on Kansas Highway 10 between Lawrence and Eudora Sunday night.