Alex Parker Digital Editor
- It’s the time of the year to be alert for deer
- October 15, 2012
- Mating season increases danger
- Increased state regulation improves childcare, officials say
- July 23, 2012
- State officials say a law passed two years ago has dramatically improved child care in Kansas, and improved the state’s reputation for the quality of its small family child care operations.
- Tornado watch issued for much of region
- 10:43 p.m., December 26, 2008 Updated 04:00 a.m.
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for much of eastern Kansas, including Douglas, Franklin, Jefferson, Shawnee and Leavenworth counties. The tornado watch is in effect until 5 a.m. Saturday.
- Fire engulfs Baldwin City home
- 07:32 a.m., December 17, 2008 Updated 03:52 p.m.
- Crews from at least four area fire departments responded to a house fire in Baldwin City late Tuesday night.
- Animal auction wraps up fair
- August 7, 2008
- Nine-year-old Grace Baxter had the beginnings of a knot in her stomach when she paraded her grand champion market steer, Chico, in the sale ring of the Douglas County 4-H Fairgrounds’ Community Building.
- Baldwin City man jailed on aggravated battery charge in connection with neighbor’s shooting
- 11:42 a.m., August 2, 2008 Updated 05:57 p.m.
A 35-year-old Baldwin City man is in custody on aggravated battery charges after allegedly shooting his neighbor in the head early Saturday morning.
- Woman found alive near abandoned vehicle with blood ‘in and around it’ near Baldwin City
- 03:04 p.m., June 30, 2008 Updated 09:54 p.m.
- A trail of blood prompts search for missing person near Baldwin City.