Baldwin City’s Senior Wheels program needs volunteer drivers
The Baldwin City Seniors Wheels program is in need of additional volunteer drivers to transport seniors and disabled individuals to such things as medical appointments and shopping outings.
Drivers are rarely asked to drive more than one trip a week, which usually takes from one to three hours. A special drivers license is not needed, but a limited physical provided by Douglas County Senior Services is required.
Those interested in volunteering should call Bill Neuenswander at 785-766-4935.
More like this story
- Mission accomplished for Baldwin City bike camp
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles
- Survey provides insights for support of proposed Baldwin City government building projects