Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
Douglas County Sheriff’s deputies arrested a 23-year-old Wellsville man Wednesday afternoon on suspicion of aggravated robbery and aggravated battery after a man was allegedly attacked and robbed at Douglas County State Fishing Lake early that morning, sheriff’s office spokeswoman Sgt. Kristen Dymacek said.
Donnie Ray Michael Plouffe was booked into the Douglas County Jail at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday after a 32-year-old man reported he’d been “struck several times and had property stolen" between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. Wednesday, Dymacek said.
The man made the report from an apartment in Baldwin City, Dymacek said, and responding officers found him with “several large lacerations” upon arrival. Emergency crews soon took him to Lawrence Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Plouffe remains in the Douglas County Jail without bond, pending a charging decision by the Douglas County District Attorney’s Office.
The victim’s condition is unknown as of Wednesday afternoon. Dymacek said the incident remains under investigation.
More like this story
- Baldwin City woman 2nd person charged in alleged attack at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Wellsville man charged for alleged actions in Wednesday Douglas County State Lake incident
- Man found guilty in Douglas State Fishing Lake aggravated robbery
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery