Letter to the Editor: New sidewalk appreciated
We have lived in Baldwin City now for more than eight years and until now there was no safe place to walk without worries of the constant speeding traffic, noise, etc. Now we do. It was quite a surprise to go over by the golf course to discover the newly finished trail for walking and bicycling. It is wonderful. We walked it several times to get our good amount of walking in for the day. And we were highly impressed. I am hoping that this does expand past Baldwin Rehabilitation and Healthcare to meet up at Baker or even on Ames Street. This is a step in the right direction. And if we could see more bike/walking trails, along with sidewalk improvements, this would be a great way to let the cars have the street to themselves, and for the rest of us to exercise with peace of mind.
More like this story
- Baldwin City to make application for KDOT grant to improve safety at Eighth Street highway crossing
- Baldwin City Council told new sidewalk to BESIC to be completed by Aug. 1
- Baldwin City Council approves contract to construct trail to BESIC
- Baldwin City to ask KDOT to upgrade crosswalk signal
- City to ask KDOT for recommendations on how to enhance safety at Baldwin City crosswalk