Many worked to make Festival of Lights a success
To the editor:
The weather was beautiful Saturday for the Festival of Lights Parade on Saturday. I would like to thank everyone who came out to enjoy the festivities. I would also like to take this time to thank a number of poeple who made the day possible, starting with Lucretia Carlson. She has been my partner in planning this event for the last nine years, and her husband, Russ Carlson for announcing the parade for the last three years.
Also deserving recognition is Chris Croucher and the rest of the city guys who helped get the tree and set it up, along with participating in the parade and, of course, Santa, and his driver Allen Craig.
Thank you to all the parade participants, including our Mayor Marilyn Pearse and Grand Marshal Dr. Dara Lowe, and Dale Willey for providing the car and truck for the mayor and grand marshal and Bob Rohe for use of his Ranger during the parade.
Thank you to Kansas State Bank for hot apple cider, Baldwin State Bank for the cookies and Samantha Dunn and her son for serving it all. A big shout out to the former City Administrator Chris Lowe for the fabulous fireworks display by 3D Fireworks.
I also want to thank all volunteers the evening of the event… Greg Rohe, Jeannette Blackmar, Steve Friend, Jeanie Friend, Anna Keena, Cathleen Marcel and her husband, David, and son,Nick, Rob Stewart, Alice Stewart, Ivan Huntoon, and Colby Pearson.
Baldwin City Recreation Commission
More like this story
- Fireworks to add zest to Baldwin City's annual Festival of Lights
- Physician to say goodbye to Baldwin City as grand marshal of Festival of Lights Parade
- Maple Leaf Festival grand marshal honored for work with festival, Lumberyard Arts Center
- Cool weather 'perfect' for Baldwin City Maple Leaf Festival
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson