Baker University fall commencements Sunday
Baker University’s fall semester commencement will be Sunday at the George F. Collins Sports and Convention Center on the Baldwin City campus. There are 181 undergraduate and 197 graduates students who are candidates for degrees.
The day’s activities will begin with a baccalaureate worship at 9:30 a.m. at Osborne Chapel on the Baker campus, led by university minister Rev. Kevin Hopkins.
First to receive degrees during a 1 p.m. ceremony will be undergraduates in the College of Arts and Sciences on the Baldwin City campus and School of Nursing in Topeka. The ceremony for graduate degree students from the School of Professional and Graduate Studies and the School of Education will be at 4 p.m.
The guest speaker for the undergraduate ceremony will be Jim Carr, chief executive officer for the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, of which Baker is a member institution. Kansas City, Kan., and Wyandotte County Unified Government Mayor Mark Holland will be the keynote speaker at the professional and graduate school commencement.
More like this story
- Baldwin City graduate season starts Saturday with Baker School of Professional and Graduate Studies commencemnts
- Baker fall gradutes told commencement day just the beginning
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Baker University graduates told they are part of the 'Will Generation'
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens