Southbound U.S. 59 reopened south of Lawrence after search for evidence from reported shooting
The Kansas Department of Transportation is reporting southbound U.S. Highway 59 from N1000 Road to N650 Road was reopened after law enforcement officers concluded a search for evidence on the closed section of highway.
Traffic wwas detoured onto old US-59 during the closure.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office tweeted deputies were searching for evidence from a reported shooting. According to the Sheriff's Office, a 24-year-old Lawrence man was taken to a Topeka hospital after suffering a gunshot wound at about 11 p.m. Monday, which he said occurred on the section of highway.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call 785-841-0007 for Crime Stoppers at 784-843-8477.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station