Body pulled from Hillsdale Lake identified
Paola Friends of a man who apparently drowned at Hillsdale Lake while boating with his children say he was a devoted family man and respected kickboxer.
Authorities say 45-year-old Mark Selbee drowned at Hillsdale Lake on Saturday. His body was recovered Sunday evening from the lake in Miami and Johnson counties. Someone who saw two young children alone on the boat called for help.
Selbee won four championships with the International Kickboxing Federation between 2002 and 2006, when he retired from competition.
Authorities say it is unclear why Selbee went into the water. An autopsy will determine exact cause of death.
A celebration of Selbee’s life is scheduled for 11 a.m. to noon Friday at United Methodist Church of the Resurrection in Leawood.
More like this story
- Budget shortfall, World Series among Kansas' top 2015 news
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Baldwin City to be treated with a localized performance of classic holiday ballet
- Kobach: Election fraud cases filed in 2 Kansas counties
- Designs, cost estimates for potential Douglas County jail expansion may be ready by early next year