Bob Dole finishing second leg of Kansas tour Thursday
Topeka Former Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole plans to wrap up the second leg of his homecoming tour of Kansas with events Thursday in Topeka and Kansas City.
The 90-year-old former U.S. Senate majority leader is visiting 16 communities this week in northeast, central and south-central Kansas. The stops have included Manhattan, Junction City, Salina, Wichita and Emporia.
He’s having a Thursday morning reception at the Crestview Park community center in Topeka, followed by an afternoon event at the Hilton Garden Inn near downtown Kansas City, Kansas.
Dole toured northeast Kansas communities in April.
The Russell native represented Kansas in Congress from 1961 to 1996, when he left the Senate to run as the GOP nominee against Democratic President Bill Clinton.
More like this story
- Baldwin claims first-ever state wrestling title
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Biking Across Kansas tour plans June overnight stop in Baldwin City
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens