Severe thunderstom warning issued for Douglas County
The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Douglas and area counties until 10 p.m. Thursday evening.
The weather service said strong to severe storms are expected to develop late this afternoon along a cold front and move east through the evening.
The main hazards from the strongest of the thunderstorms would be large hail and damaging wind gusts. Heavy rain also is expected.
More like this story
- Several northeast Kansas counties under severe thunderstorm watch
- Severe thunderstorm watch issued for Douglas County until 10 p.m.
- Thunderstorm watch until 3 a.m. and flash flood watch until 7 a.m. for select local counties
- Baldwin City in severe thunderstorm watch
- Severe thunderstorm watch for area counties until 10 p.m.