Severe thunderstom warning issued for Douglas County
The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for Douglas and area counties until 10 p.m. Thursday evening.
The weather service said strong to severe storms are expected to develop late this afternoon along a cold front and move east through the evening.
The main hazards from the strongest of the thunderstorms would be large hail and damaging wind gusts. Heavy rain also is expected.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Planning Commission recommends rezoning of old middle school
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases