Kansas historic site hosts Bleeding Kansas play
The Kansas Historical Society says an acting troupe of history re-enactors plans to present the play “Bleeding Kansas Characters.”
The Lecompton Re-enactors plan to portray notable people from the Bleeding Kansas era discussing slavery. The event is set for 2 p.m. on April 6 at Constitution Hall State Historic Site.
Set in a 1850s Kansas territorial town hall political meeting, the dramatization is written by J. Howard Duncan.
The April 6 presentation is the fifth in a series, with the final performance scheduled for May 4.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Baldwin High School teams claim titles at season-opening cross country event
- Baldwin Bulldog cross country teams solid at Rim Rock
- Baldwin High School track teams claim Eudora titles
- Baldwin High track teams race to regional titles