Tornado watch canceled for Douglas County
The tornado watch issued by the National Weather Service earlier today has been canceled for Douglas County. There is a small chance of thunderstorms southeast of the Kansas Turnpike tonight. A watch remains in effect for six counties in southeast Kansas.
NWS also issued a severe thunderstorm warning, but has been canceled for Douglas County.
Take a look at the NWS website for an updated map of warnings and watch locations.
A tornado watch means weather conditions are conducive to tornado formation.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers