Baldwin City Public Library to be closed Wedesday, Thursday
The Baldwin City Public Library will be closed Wednesday and Thursday as a new furnace and air conditioning unit is installed as part of the ongoing library expansion project.
The expansion project will add about 50 percent more space to the 25-year-old building. The upgraded entry plaza leads into a new Kansas/Local History Room and an extended multi-purpose room with new audio-visual technology. The children’s and young adult areas are to be enlarged, and there is room for additional shelves in the adult section as well.
Upgrades intended to improve the operation of the library include an extended circulation desk, built-in book drop, new kitchen, and a new family bath/changing room. A new roof has been completed and a new heating/air conditioning system is being installed. he staff is looking forward to a renovated work room and much needed storage areas for library supplies and files.
With completion projected for the end of May, the temporary plywood partitions between old and new areas will soon be removed to reveal the bigger and better Baldwin Library we have been anticipating.
More like this story
- Kansas House panel passes bill to end business tax break
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Kansas governor wants no tax debate, expects no budget drama
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature