Eudora High School football coach resigns
Eudora High football coach Kevin Kopecky turned in a letter of resignation earlier this week, according to activities director Cara Kimberlin.
Kopecky was hired in February 2013 after coaching for three years at Leavenworth High. The Cardinals finished with a 5-4 record last season and missed the playoffs for the first time since 2008. Kopecky replaced Gregg Webb, who left to coach at Truman High in Independence, Mo.
Kopecky did not return phone calls seeking comment, but will remain as a physical-education teacher at the school until the end of the school year, according to Kimberlin.
Eudora began its search for a new coach on Thursday.
More like this story
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Baldwin district to survey parents about increased in-town busing fee
- Baldwin school board approves raises for classified staff, adminstrators
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises