Baker campus minister to give last lecture
Ira DeSpain, the minister to Baker University since 1992, will deliver his “Last Lecture” at 9 p.m., Wednesday, March 26, at Rice Auditorium. The event is part of a series hosted by Baker’s Student Activities Council. The public is welcome to attend.
DeSpain, a 1970 Baker graduate, is retiring at the end of June after serving as an ordained minister for 42 years. A third-generation minister, DeSpain, 65, began his career in ministry at Edgerton United Methodist Church. His retirement will mark the first time in more than 100 years in which there isn’t a DeSpain clergy.
DeSpain’s lecture will focus on living a life of moderation and balance.
“The life you live will not be the life you plan,” he said. “Balance and moderation will help you navigate uncharted waters.”
More like this story
- Baldwin claims first-ever state wrestling title
- Baldwin High School wrestlers win 4th-straight league title
- Baldwin coach, top scorer named to LJW Girls Basketball All-Area Team
- State champion Bulldogs have three wrestlers named to LJW team
- Six Baldwin HIgh School players named to Frontier League post-season teams