Baker campus minister to give last lecture
Ira DeSpain, the minister to Baker University since 1992, will deliver his “Last Lecture” at 9 p.m., Wednesday, March 26, at Rice Auditorium. The event is part of a series hosted by Baker’s Student Activities Council. The public is welcome to attend.
DeSpain, a 1970 Baker graduate, is retiring at the end of June after serving as an ordained minister for 42 years. A third-generation minister, DeSpain, 65, began his career in ministry at Edgerton United Methodist Church. His retirement will mark the first time in more than 100 years in which there isn’t a DeSpain clergy.
DeSpain’s lecture will focus on living a life of moderation and balance.
“The life you live will not be the life you plan,” he said. “Balance and moderation will help you navigate uncharted waters.”
More like this story
- Baldwin High School cross country teams deep with experienced talented
- Baldwin High School cross country teams claim regional titles, eye state
- Baldwin High School cross country team bring home 2 more state titles
- Baldwin Bulldog cross country teams solid at Rim Rock
- Baldwin cross country teams tune up for league meet the first-place Sabetha efforts