Kansas: Rash of fires hits rural area
Hays An investigator from the Kansas fire marshal’s office will help investigate an outbreak of fires in a rural northwestern county.
The Hays Daily News reports the Ellis County Rural Fire Department responded Thursday night to five fires in four hours outside the Hays city limits.
Rural Fire Director Dick Klaus said the first call involved a burning pile of trees. That was followed by the burning of a camping trailer, four-wheeler and personal water craft.
Crews also responded to a horse trailer and bales on fire; a fire at a storage shed; and the burning of a trailer house used for storage.
Klaus said he wasn’t sure there was enough evidence left at any of the scenes to determine a cause.
More like this story
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton
- Car show to add to busy Baldwin City weekend
- RG Fiber now installing optic fiber line in Baldwin City
- Baker University graduates told they are part of the 'Will Generation'
- Baker Edition: University expands educational opportunities with Wetlands Discovery Center