Kansas: Bat attack man returns to retrieve bat, police say
Wichita A 58-year-old Kansas man has been arrested after returning to the scene of a Sedgwick County beating to retrieve his baseball bat.
The Wichita Eagle reported Wednesday that no charges had been filed against the man, who was jailed on suspicion of aggravated assault, aggravated battery and battery.
The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office says three men went to a home in the county Saturday night and threatened the occupants. Sheriff’s spokesman Lt. David Mattingly says the suspect hit a 46-year-old woman on the head with a baseball bat, and the three men left.
Authorities said the suspect then returned to get the bat and was arrested. Mattingly says he doesn’t know if the man really liked the bat or was trying to retrieve evidence.
More like this story
- Baldwin City man jailed on aggravated battery charge in connection with neighbor's shooting
- Baldwin City man in custody following home burglary
- Baldwin City man remains jailed on aggravated battery charge in connection with neighbor's shooting
- Search of vehicle leads to arrest of Baldwin City man south of Lawrence
- Police: Wichita man kept women locked in apartment