Baker names student leader of the month
Tyler Sloan, a junior exercise science major from Kansas City, Kan., has been named Baker University's Student Leader of the Month for February.
Sloan serves as president of Mungano, a student-run diversity organization, and is the treasurer of the Pi Sigma chapter of Zeta Phi Beta sorority. She also performs as a praise dancer during university worship services at Osborne Chapel on the Baldwin City campus.
A standout track and field performer, Sloan was a three-time All-American at the 2013 NAIA Women’s Outdoor Track and Field National Championship in Marion, Ind., where she placed third in the 100-meter hurdles, third in the 400-meter hurdles and fifth in the 4x100-meter relay.
The nomination for the leadership honor stated: “Tyler is an awesome Baker Wildcat who enjoys helping others, and by doing so she is a already a successful, confident, competent and responsible contributor to our community.”
More like this story
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Baldwin High School wrestlers win 4th-straight league title
- Baldwin girls bull way into state title game with 67-42 win against Concordia
- Wildcats come back against Baldwin boys
- Baldwin girls turn in defensive gem to earn road win at Louisburg