Two killed in Saturday crash near Baldwin City
A crash 6 miles East of Baldwin City left two people dead Saturday evening.
Rodney L. Strickell, 53, of Wellsville, was driving southbound on Douglas County Road 1061 about 7 p.m. Saturday when he failed to stop at the U.S. Highway 56 intersection, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol. A vehicle driving eastbound on the highway struck Strickell’s passenger side door. Both vehicles entered the southeast ditch, and Strickell’s car flipped, landing on its top, according to KHP.
Strickell and his passenger, 17-year-old Dylan Strickell, of Lawrence, both suffered fatal injuries in the crash. Two adults and a 14-year-old girl in the other vehicle were transported to Overland Park Regional Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
The crash log reports Rodney Strickell was not wearing a seatbelt.
More like this story
- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year
- Kansas urges court to let governor, lawmakers decide funding
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Baldwin district not looking to take cost-saving measurers making headlines elsewhere in state
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas