Douglas County in high winds warning
The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning until 11 a.m. for Douglas County. Strong and damaging winds with gusts of 60 to 80 mph are possible.
Damage to trees has already occurred, and damage to roofs and buildings is also possible. Motorists could be blown off the road by sudden gusts.
The National Weather Service also has issued a severe thunderstorm watch that includes Douglas County.
Storms are expected to move east along and south of Interstate 70 through the morning hours. These storms are capable of damaging straight line winds, heavy rainfall and large hail.
The watch remains in effect until 10 a.m. for 18 counties in portions of east central, north central and northeast Kansas.
More like this story
- Severe thunderstorm watch issued for northeast Kansas until 3 a.m.
- High wind warning issued for Douglas, surrounding counties; heavier storms expected to move through about 7 p.m.
- Severe thunderstom warning issued for Douglas County
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for southern Douglas County expires
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for southern Douglas County